Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Shack


So I was at the airport and by myself knowing i would be standby and have layovers so I went to the bookstore at Salt Lake Airport and remembered Mary (Carli's sister)had recommended this book on her blog and let me tell you I am not a book reader, I don't get into books really but I could not put this one down and I couldn't stop tearing up reading it. It was such a great book although reading this book going down to a funeral can really bring the tears rolling. I recommend it to anyone. It's very uplifting.

If anyone has another recommendation for another good book please leave me a comment I need to start reading another book now.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I'm reading it too... I've only got a few more chapters to go, but it's the fastest I've read a book lately:)

I have to admit... there are things that disappointed me... obviously not all the "doctrine" discussed is true, but there are some really beautiful and elequent things shared about the relationship in faith.

It definitely makes you cry that's for sure! I can't wait to see how it all ends:)

Kristie said...

I agree about the doctrine not being true but the faith alone is a nice thing when reading a novel. if you have another recommendation on a good boot let me know. I need another book to read now. I think i might become a reader after all.

James and Mary said...

you are such a sweetheart! i bawled like a baby when i read it. the next time i find a great book like this one, i will for sure let ya know!

Valarie said...

I will have to look for that one....you need to read the Twilight series by Stephanie Myers! It's not deep, but definitely a fast read and a fun love story. You won't be able to put it down either!

Kate Brotherson said...

ok, my sister Heather just sent me this book for my birthday. I am thankful for your endorsement. i can't wait to read it but like you, i am still caught up in Breaking Dawn.