Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Grandmother 12/25/1919 to 9/4/2008



My Grandma died Last Thursday on the 4th. She was a very special lady in my life but lived a very good life of 89 years. She was born on Christmas Day on 1919. She had 3 children. She was so full of life and never let anything get her down. She will be deeply missed. I can't remember a childhood memory without her and not talking to her more than a week. If I or she hadn't heard from each other in more than a week we would be calling the other one wondering whats going on. I loved that lady.
- She loved to dance and went out dancing every weekend up until she was about 77 years old.
- She loved the beach and lived on the coast until Hurricane Katrina destroyed her house.
- She loved her family and friends.
- She loved to shop at antique shops and flea markets and did so every weekend up until the last week of her life.
- She outlived her daughter and son and two husbands.
- She had the biggest heart of anyone I have known she loved you deeply and would do anything for you.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Kristie I'm so sorry for your loss. We are thinking about you.

Christine said...

We're sorry to hear your news, but are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed with the knowledge of the Plan of Salavation.

Kate Brotherson said...

So sweet to share all those things about your Gradma. I loved seeing you yesterday. What a great surprise!

Valarie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing! I hope you're doing OK...she sounds like such a wonderful woman. I'll be thinking of you.

DyeFam said...

Kristie-I'm so sorry about your grandma-she sounds like such a sweet lady and she sounds alot like you!