Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My first 5k


well I did it. It may have been slow and up hill the first mile but I ran my first 5k in May. I know most people have been there done that, it's only 3.2 miles but I hadn't and so I was happy with myself. I have never ran in my life until I lived in North Dakota right before I got pregnant with Brooke then started having kids and after Sydney was born started again and was doing good averaging 4.5 a day 3 times a week and then got pregnant with kira and so lost all that so about 3 months ago really started to try again and it was hard this time getting back into running one because I can really only exercise when Mike is home and he is never home (ok he is home on the weekends) and I gained way more weight with Kira than expected so my big butt just didn't want to run but in May I signed up for a mini boot camp which was twice a week lost 10 inches in my body(way more to go so don't clap too hard) that month and was driven to do my first 5k. Now i am going to train for a 10 k at the end of summer. If I can do it anyone can. btw- the picture was taken at 6:50 in the morning so don't judge :)

6 comments:

Aria said...

wow! very impressive! i'm so bad at running...I'm so lazy! :) and what a little string bean you are!

HappYness said...

You look better at 6 am than I do all day! Great job, Lady!

Jinny and Mick said...

Congrats! That is great! It seems like it gets harder to lose with every kid-but you look great. Your girls are really cute.

T-N-T-Staples said...

You really do look great! You don't give yourself enough credit. I can't wait to see you in person!!

Laurel said...

I'm way impressed. I can't believe you lost ten inches. That is amazing. I need to get my butt into gear. You rock. Good luck with the 10k.

Micah said...

I think you look FANTASTIC!